• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Proxy editing and Render files

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 22.5.0 (Build 62) for Windows

I am setting up Proxy editing for a 4K video and created an Ingest preset to create the proxy files.  This is my first attempt doing this.

All has worked perfectly and if I look in the timeline at a clip it shows the correct video file and I am able to swap between the proxy version and full resolution one using the toggle switch.  The entire sequence shows with a yellow line.

The sequence also shows properly in the Program Monitor window.  

Having done some editing like adding titles etc; I rendered the complete sequence and everything in the timeline now shows green.

Looking at the clips in the sequence on the timeline it still swaps between the proxy and 4K version if I toggle the switch.

The program monitor window is another matter though and it only shows the 4K version now and clicking on the toggle switch does nothing.

If I delete the render files the program monitor window now allows you to switch between the 4K and proxy version.

Can someone confirm if this is correct; ie you must not render any clips if you want to make use of the proxy version.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize it before, but yes, that's the way mine is working. Makes sense though, you have the render file, so you're good to go.

PP 22.5

Win11 21H1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it isn't just me.

It does seem odd though that once you render the files you can effectively no longer use the proxy files.

I wasted ages thinking there was something wrong with the proxy files.

If it is working in this way; surely there should be some sort of warning especially as toggling in the program monitor doesn't do anything and the only way to get back to proxy editing is to delete the render files.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines