• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Error: The Selected Preset does not support the audio channel type

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I try to create proxy for my Video, but it's not working.

I created my own Proxy, resolution of 120p, I don't really know what I did wrong, if someone can help me create a preset 120p Resolution, it would be amazing, please contact me at discord afterlife#8610

I get the Error: The Selected Preset does not support the audio channel type of the clip "clip name".mp4

If I choose QuickTime, and like 1025x1550p (i dont know exact default dimensions) it works. i need a 120p one

My Video has 2 types of audio, the Desktop and Mic

Any Help please, Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Cineform 10 bit. You can drop the quality down from 4 to 2 or 3 when you see it. (That's what I use)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the one that works, and modify the frame size. Quicktime is the one to use for proxies, either Cineform or Prores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I modify the frame size of a proxy, can you help me step by step please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit in a rush so please, if you have time reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when is he gonna show us how to modify frame size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As FutureTube said: "I created my own Proxy, resolution of 120p"

Do it the same way you did before but using Quicktime ProRes or Cineform.

Try this: https://youtu.be/nLn4gzcM3no Only use Cineform or ProRes.

Learn how to create custom ingest presets in Adobe Premiere Pro. Use ingest presets to transcode RAW files into proxies. Learn when to use proxies in Premiere Pro to overcome hardware limitations. We'll show you how to use Adobe Media Encoder to create ingest presets for Premiere Pro. You will ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc.PNGI don't have an option for ProRes, what do I choose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cineform 10 bit. You can drop the quality down from 4 to 2 or 3 when you see it. (That's what I use)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: You are showing some older settings / presets. Here's what they look like from PP 2020, 14.3.2. What version are you on?

MyerPj_0-1598913442935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2019, it works best for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Let's say im doing a video of sports.

The first clip is about Boxing,

Second one is Football,

3rd one is about Basketball.

But they are all in ONE VIDEO.

Is there a way I can Proxy example, from 0:00 to 1:26 only

and not the WHOLE VIDEO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this!  I had been using H.264 and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Media Encoder would just refuse to create proxies.  I was actually using H.264 based on a tutorial that I saw, so I'm guessing that used to be an apropriate format to use, but no longer with Premiere 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to use it, but it misses the point. ProRes and Cineform are easy on the computer, h.264 requires a lot from the machine to decompress as you go. The trade off in performance comes at a cost of typically more disk space required for the better editing formats.

There's a popular proxy tutorial out there with good info, but unfortunately he used the wrong format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We call each individual video file a 'clip'. So, the Proxy is for the clip. You'll use the same file for your different end videos. You can use just one project file if you like and have multiple sequences in the one project. You arange things as you like. Be sure to backup often, every day to a separate drive and keep your files together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is my solution after tinkering for a whole am.. 

1) Quicktime

2)Apple Prores proxy 422

3) Set frame size to something decent: I went for 1024x576

4) Set HDR to 100

5) In the Audio tab, chose 4 chanel mono

---> In media encoder you must :

1) create this encoding preset

2) Create an ingest preset that uses the encoding preset.  You can specify neat things like name protocols and destination

3) Export the ingest preset to a epr file. 

3) In premiere, select clips -> create proxys -> Add ingest preset -> Select created preset.

Save about 70% File size on a 10 bit 4k 23fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

choosing the cineform doesnt sovle the root problem of choosing h264 proxies and getting that error. because if i choose cineform on my desktop computer and then take the project over to my m1 macbook pro.... cineform isnt even a codec to choose from on the premiere version on m1 macbook pros. so now i have proxies that dont work on my macbook. i'd like to know how to solve the root issue without having to use another codec for proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about ProRes. h264 makes lousy proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those tend to be really big file sizes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the 'proxy' or LT variety,

I have a project where the proxies are actually smaller than the original h264 4k file. But they are cineform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theres medium resolution and low resolution variations of the pro res proxy options to choose from, but doesnt necessarily solve the root issue of why you cant make h264 proxies because of some audio error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider it a blessing! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rachelcenter wrote:

solve the root issue of why you cant make h264 proxies because of some audio error

Premiere Pro's Proxy Workflow requieres that the audio channels of the proxy exactly match the audio channels of the full resulution clip.  MP4 (H264) as a format has limited support for audio channel configurations compared to QuickTime and MXF.

Other parameters that must match are fielding, frame rate, and duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines