• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy files made in Premiere now add a color correction

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro V 22.2.0, when I batch create Proxy files, the proxy files now have a color correction on them.  The original files should be flat.  I am not sure if a LUT is being added somewhere, but I see no place to instruct it to add a LUT or not.

For obvious reasons, I want the proxy file color to match the original MXF files.

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an M1 Mac?

Are you using the Create Proxies command within Premiere or did you create your own preset in Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 2019.  Never this issue.

I've detached proxy files and rebooted the software.  Now the uncompressed files are automatically adding a LUT within Premiere.  I wonder if Premiere is adding this automatically somewhere based on a file that was included with the MXF files.  If so, I need to disable it.  Here's an image of source, program, and color window where one can see no color has been added, yet there is an obvious difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those mxf file, I'm gonna take a guess here, are probably from a Sony camera, are log-encoded and/or S-log3.cine?

If so, there's a problem with the 'shipping' version where the proxies will be displayed as if HLG no matter whether the originals have been set to S-log3.cine or overriden to Rec.709 in Interpret Footage dialog.

The fix is I think out in the Public beta, which you can install alongside the shipping version. You can open the project with the beta, test it, and then simply close and open again in the shipping version without problems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure if you have to remake the proxies to trigger the color update. hopefully someone can test it out and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  I'm not sure why, but upon import, the files came through with  ’Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3’ for color management. The even weirder part is the color adjustment only shows up in the program monitor.  The source monitor the colors are flat.

I have to go right click and select 'Interpret Footage' and deselect "Use Media Color Space from file: Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3.che

Then select 'Color Space Override and pick Rec. 709.

That fixes it.  Before & After images attached....  I hope this helps someone. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you wanted flat colors right? this new process seems backwards to me.

and did you have to redo the previous proxies or does this also update the ones already made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I wanted flat colors because I want to do my own color correction with Lumetri.

When I do the proxies, it still puts a Color pass on it.  I don't know how to resolve that part.  So I'm not doing proxy files at this time because I lost too much time already with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe i read one person had to redo their proxy creation for the color change to take effect for the proxies, but I could be mistaken.

if the color information is stored in the project file, perhaps the proxy color metadata is stored there too and simply isn't updated when you change the original footage's override color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to research the Sony files a bit more but I think they are stored there.  To me, that's what makes the most sense.  And I wouldn't know how to turn it off. 

Fun times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You just saved me from a massive headache trying to troubleshoot this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing and testing this! Saved me a tun of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a dumb question, but does this feature work in Premiere for any proxy? I'm not very well versed in this topic, but I roughly understand how the color correction referred to in the main post should look. I use this proxy if it matters https://soax.com/german-web-proxy.I would be grateful if someone could help me understand or direct me to some manual so I can read it myself. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you're wanting to do, and I have no clue what those proxys you list a link to are.

So telling us what you're wanting to do, and the format/codec of the proxies involved, would help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can create proxy files in another program, then go into Premiere and when you attach proxies, attach to those files and it should work.  You can toggle the proxy button in the viewer to see  if its succeeded but you shouldn't have an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines