• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy files not linking from new external hard drive

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm backing up/transferring some film work on new external hard drives, so obviously the drives are going to have different names than the original. However, when I try to open the project file on the new external drive, none of my proxies are linking and I get this message:

"The selected file cannot be linked because it has 1 audio channel(s) and the clip was created with 2 audio channel(s) with a different channel type."

Someone has posted about this issue before, and the solution was to rebuild proxy files from scratch... but on my case, this isn't just a couple of files; I have hundreds upon hundreds of clips I would need to do that for and I just don't have the time. Anyone have a solution to this? Because I refuse to believe in 2022 that something as simple as a drive name-change would mean hours and hours of redoing proxies. 

7BC75FD6-EDA3-48C4-96C6-5525B16BD8D1.jpeg

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JamiLB,

Sorry to hear of this trouble. I saw a few potential workarounds in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-cannot-link-familiar-file...

Can you check that out? If you are still stuck, let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines