• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

proxy for 4k footage ruined aspect ratios

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**I'm very new to shooting/editing in 4k** I've shot a series of clips on a DJI mini 3 pro (in portrait mode) and out of camera the clips are 4k 3840 x 2160. So I made a custom proxy and ingest at 1280 x 720. When AME is encoding, the preview box shows my clip perfectly and everything is good. But the second the proxy hits Premiere, the aspect is squeezed in the center with black bars on the side. I've tried the native proxies as well as my own custom preset but all have the same issue. This is my first time working with a proxy so I'm either doing something wrong or Premiere is having an issue with my clips being shot portrait. Attached photos of clip and proxy settings as well as the preview monitor with proxy applied.

any help is much appreciated, I've really hit a wallScreen Shot 2022-07-12 at 3.26.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-12 at 3.26.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Try doing a full cache clear before creating the Proxies files. A classic Premiere error is showing old cached files instead of new files. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-premiere-pro/td-p/11017257

If it still doesn't work, please upload a small sample original video to any server (Google Drive, Dropbox etc) and send us the link so we can download it, test your file and try to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you filmed in Portrait Mode, your clips are 2160x3840. The correct proxy ingest preset should be 720x1280.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, you make a very good point. Whats confusing is both the landscape shots and the portrait shots are both listed as 3840 x 2160 in premiere. I have the ingest and encoding preset set to 720x1280 (and tried reversed) but no matter what it shows in premiere as 1280 x 720.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing a full cache clear before creating the Proxies files. A classic Premiere error is showing old cached files instead of new files. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-premier...

If it still doesn't work, please upload a small sample original video to any server (Google Drive, Dropbox etc) and send us the link so we can download it, test your file and try to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! I was changing the aspect of an existing preset. The changes were accepted and reflected, but really were not applied. I deleted all pre sets and made a new ingest and encoding from scratch and it worked. The footage is still choppy but at least its visible. Thank you very much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines