• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Settings and Use Question

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just started using Proxies and they are very helpful for editing HD content.  I've created the ingest folder outside what I normally backup.  Is there any issue if I loose all my proxy files?  Will the project file continue to load normally?  Is there anyway to create proxy files in batch if I ever need to re-create them within a project?

Also, please confirm that proxy files have nothing to do with what gets encoded when I export. I assume that is true, but don't want a huge surprise if I missed a setting some place.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

If done right there shouldn't be any issues if you lose your proxy files and should continue to load normally. And yes you can create proxies after all your footage is loaded in to the prjoect. This is the way I normally do it. Refere to this document - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html#CreateProxies

And again, yes, when you go to export your video Premiere Pro will make the encode from your full resolution videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If done right there shouldn't be any issues if you lose your proxy files and should continue to load normally. And yes you can create proxies after all your footage is loaded in to the prjoect. This is the way I normally do it. Refere to this document - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html#CreateProxies

And again, yes, when you go to export your video Premiere Pro will make the encode from your full resolution videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link helps.  two questions:

• How to have my proxy automatically get a watermark? (I notice they mention that by creating a preset in ME but I can't find any option to add effect to that preset)
  • what does "if everything goes right".  Sounds like there is a possibility I could get something wrong. What would wrong look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add a watermark to your proxy, you need to set it up in your presets first. When you go to Media Encoder and create a new preset, you'll see an Effects Tab, and if you select that and scroll down a bit, you'll see "Image Overlay," and that's where you would add your watermark image. I normally use name overlay because I find it more consistent and easier to manage. I just add a name like "Proxy File" or something, and that does enough.

And as far as me saying, "If done right..." that's just me being a pessimist. I went through several rounds of making export and ingest presets, making proxies, and remaking proxies on test projects until I got things how I wanted them and had confidence in my workflow to start using them in production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines