• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Q and W not working

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premiere pro CC 2017 and suddenly Q and W have stopped working, on top of that I cannot select tracks on the left side, source patching, i source patch audio on and off many times while editing, again this is something that worked two days ago now it's broken.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one update: source patching magically reappeared suddenly, and literally, while I wasn't looking... the V1 and A1 reappeared. I think i opened different sequence and when I closed it the ability to source patch came back... that's odd, don't know why Adobe programed their software to do that.

Also, i looks as though while the W still does nothing, zooming in far enough revels the Q shortcut to be ripple deleting one frame at a time from the right side of the playhead, so that's like 4 times as bad as if it just did nothing.

The keyboard preferences have not been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an update: restarted premiere and source targeting ability is gone again...

this thing on????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"again this is something that worked two days ago now it's broken." Did you update the OS or GPU drivers, If yes then the update might be causing the issue with Premiere Pro, I would suggest you use updated premiere pro version 13.0.3. which is Premiere Pro CC 2019

However, you can try resetting the preferences of the Premiere Pro CC 2017

Here is how you can reset the preferences: -

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had CC 2018 and CC 2019 on my home computer, open the current project in all three and saw the same thing...

I opened a new scrap project and imported some random clips, cut them up a dozen or so times... Q and W still don't ripple delete unless it's one frame at a time.

I just got to work, my computer here running CC 2017 is doing the same thing... no Q or W, shortcuts are mapped correctly according to the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just reset the preferences, still nothing changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds wired...I used the Q & W shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.0.2 in mac os x 10.14.3 and it works perfectly fine for me.

You're not able to achive the following as explained in the video from 0:54 to 1:03 - How to Trim videos in Premiere Pro 2017 (Q,W) - YouTube

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't imagine what I would do if I were one of the movie editors lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I've been working with premiere pro for quite some time now and suddenly I can't use QW and now it won't even let me use the delete button which is the ONLY reason I wasn't flipping about QW not working. And I have the 2019 version. And when I speed it up it cuts off the ends of my videos- which I know for a fact it did not used to do. Wth is going on here? getting very frustrated, my video is due to be uploaded in three days and I can't do a damn thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hesitate to state the obvious, but do you have a clip loaded in the source monitor? If you don't, then you have no tracks to patch and hence they won't appear.

Assuming that you do have a clip loaded, and no patching blocks are visible...what happens if you perform an insert/overwrite edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha, that was the problem in my case because i was working intially only with an audio file. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what my problem was. It was very simple, I didn't have the track selected, so I just had to select "V1" and make it go from gray to blue and it started working again lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god that helped, I dont know how I didnt realize that wasnt on. For people that still have the same problem, THIS IS THE SOLUTION!

Nina26516363d44b_0-1681464428433.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

super thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines