• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about auto transcribe and text placement..STUCK

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance i just had to brief questions requarding text placement once youve transcribe an audio piece with premiere pro. As you know once transcribed the text appears at the botton of the video and can be dragged to different parts of the screen.However what i was needing to ask is if there was another way of having all the text appear on a designated part of the screen or is it necesairy to manually  drag each line of transcription one by one to a part of your video.

My second question is i cant seam to figure out how to change the font for my captions.

thanks again.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Here's the Reference Guide for working with captions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

See the section titled "Stylize captions."

You can set your main settings (font, position), then create a style, which is automatically applied to all the captions in your track. You cannot have more than one style at a time. If you want one position for all your captions, no problem. If you want some in one position and some in another, You can set the basic position, and then select one or more captions and set a different position. However, if you create a new style or apply a style, it will overwrite your changes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanksfor the advice stan but im not sure i understand what you  mean by setting the basic position?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie, sorry, by "Basic position," I just meant the one that is your main position. It is probably the one that will be used most or that you are going to save in a Track Style. The option to the "basic" position is any other position you use for some captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of making all susbtitles appear in one place ijust finished watching this video where he went to the top text marker and he said i belive hold left on mouse and then press control and the a button it selectes all subtitles and then appliys however when i press (left mouse) and control A it doesnt select all the subtitles like in the video. Ugg im stuck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> selects all captions

Yes, those instructions don't sound quite right. To select all captions, in the timeline, Drag-Select just the captions on the caption track. Or, in the Text Panel, Captions tab, click on one caption, and then use Ctrl+A.

If you Ctrl+A in the timeline, it selects everything: Video and audio in addition to captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate the help stan but i think im fundementally still missing something. Once ive transcribed my diolouge in the first box i moved the first line of dialouge to where i would like itto appear throught the video. Starting with the first box of transcription on the time line i highlighted all the boxes. However if i then press play after the firstline plays my diolauge then jumps back down to the bottom of the screen. I mean is there some sort of special command or something i need to do to command all the other lines to appear where i place the firs tline? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i thought maybe if i included a couple of pictures and let you know whati was trying attempting it might be easier . You see the 1st picture under the outlined box is where im attempting to place all subtitles. The second piture shows my align and transform. However if  you look at picture one you see the diolauge is not the same as if it  were atthe bottom of the screen. Its like it stacks all weird.  Do i need to change the values before transcribing when it comes to double or single lines are how many lines characters per line in order to get it where it doesnt stack oddly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the screenshots would help. They are not here. If you responded via email, you can't attach things.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stan and i really apprecite the help in advance. I was after some trial and error able to figure out how to get all of my diolouge to appear under the box in the picture i have attached to this messsage. However the problem ive run into  is having it appear under the box where its not stacked all weirdly and i can only assume that has something to do with weather its single or double lines and how many characters you assign per line. I think in such a small space it would be best to do double lines however when i do that the words stack oddly making it difficultto read? Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to send you a couple more screenshots of the issue im having along with my sub title settings. This is double lines with 35 characters per line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Thanks for the screenshots. They are helpful. I'll give a couple comments, but to provide the best guidance, I need to look at the big picture: are you going to burn in the subtitles? Or export as a sidecar (e.g. srt) file?

Is this a vertical frame video (e.g. 1080x1920) rather than standard wide format (e.g. 1920x1080)?

What you describe as weird stacking is just the alignment. You cannot position each line of a subtitle without other procedures. So if you have a 2 line subtitle and you set it to the top right zone, all of it will go there.

The paragraph alignment setting is what determines whether the 2 lines align right or get centered. But they are going to align relative to the blue outline box.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the entire screenshot is 1920 x 1080 . Yes i want burn the subs directly under the box is a video. I dont think to the best of my knwledge ive any expierence with paragraph alignment setting's. Perhaps if i told you my goal it would help the box in the screen shoot is a looped video and basically what id like is for the subtitles to appear directly under the box. Ive encluded a full size screenshot to show you what i mean. Than k you again the help is apprecited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie,

lol. Not intuitive until you know more.

See the image below. You are going to modify one caption and then create a Caption Track Style to modify the others. Once you apply that style, you can modify other individual captions, but if you then reapply the style, it will overwrite any individual changes. The numbers I suggest below are only approximations. You'll adjust them as needed in the first caption you set.

1 Move the playhead to a caption and click that caption to select it. Make sure the Essential Graphics Panel (EGP) is open and you are in the Edit tab. That's the screenshot below.

2 We are going to reduce the size of the blue bounding box. In #6, adjust the left number ("Set Horizontal Size") and the right ("Set Vertical Size") by entering a number of dragging. To start, set them to -400 and -170. If you make it too small left to right (horizontal size), the words will wrap to 3 lines. If too big horizontally, the text will be too far to the left. If too small vertically, you won't see the second line of the caption. To too big vertically, the text will be too high.

3 In #5 below, click the Bottom Right Zone.

4 The Zone selected affects paragraph alignment. Paragraph alignment is #3 below. Click on the icon for Centered (the first circled icon in #3) and Top (not circled). We're picking top so that when there is only one line in a caption, it will be at the same level as the top line of a 2 line caption.

5 It is not labeled below, but hover over the numbers to the right of #5, and you will see that one says "Set Horizontal Position." Set this to 300. This moves your text left and right.

6 Adjust these settings as needed to get what you want.

7 In #1 below, click the drop-down arrow, and pick "Create Style...." Type a name and click okay. This style is automatically applied to all captions in the track. All the captions should now be in the right position.

8 If you need to make a change to the style (i.e. to all the captions), just fix one and create a new style. Keep track of which one is the correct name. You can't modify or delete the styles in the EGP. They are saved in the Project Panel.

9 If you need to make a change to just one caption, make that change, but do not reapply the style or create a new style.

How does that work?

Stan

PR Captions Style B EGP 22_3_1.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying hard notto give up ive spent the better part of all day on this and looks like all be going to bed without having got it..Maybe tomorrow.Thnks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However im beginning to wonder if what im asking is even possible. If you try to alter the size of the blue dotted box with the text alligned it deselets your select all. And if you try an use one of the out zone boxes with the text alined it will allw you to go up down and left but not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines