• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: Exporting segment videos with closed captioned Fails. How to?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here are the steps I follow to edit a long video into smaller segments with transcribing and closed captions:

1- Upload the video as a new project.

2- Transcribe the video and then create captions.

3- Divide the video into smaller segments using the Razor tool.

4- Nest all segments and export them to Encoder.

5- Closed-captioned is enabled when exporting.

Problem: The videos are created as mp4 but with no embedded closed-captioned. I also tried to create srt file for each segment with no luck. 

How do I fix that so the created mp4 files show the closed-captioned part?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double-checking that you indeed want closed captions and not open captions burned into the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for checking. Yes, I want closed-captioned burned into the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You respond that  you want "closed-captioned burned into the video," but in the original post that you want "embedded closed-caption." I assume you want closed captions embedded.

PR will not embed captions in H.264.

From the user guide:
QuickTime embedded export currently only supports embedding CEA-608. MXF Op1a Formats can embed CEA-608, CEA-708, and Australian OP-47 (if 25fps). You will also need those track types in your sequence in order to embed. For example, if you have an SRT in sequence, that cannot be embedded. You must have a compatible format such as 608, 708 or Aus OP-47.
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information. So, instead of the "embedded" close-captioning, is there any way that I can get the srt file to automatically be divided similar to dividing my video into smaller clips? In this case I would get several srt files and I can attach them to the clips when I upload them. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The option to export as Embedded is available only for pro codecs like MXF OP1a, DNX, and ProRes and requires that the caption track format be set to one of the broadcast standards like CEA-608." https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information. So, instead of the "embedded" close-captioning, is there any way that I can get the srt file to automatically be divided similar to dividing my video into smaller clips? In this case I would get several srt files and I can attach them to the clips when I upload them. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that would work. If you set in and out points and set your captions to export an SRT file the SRT file will only include what your in and out points include.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issue-with-timecode-of-captions-matching-exp...

Is each exported video going to play from timecode zero?

I have not tested in the latest version, but I assume there has been no change.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines