• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Auto Reframe" without tracking. It's possible?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record videos with a camera on a tripod, fixed point, in 16x9 format. Using the "Auto Reframe" feature (Premiere Pro 2024), i can resize to 9x16 in a practical way - but there is a problem that i wanted to know if there was a solution.

"Auto Reframe" makes the camera move according to the person's movement and i would like it to remain fixed, without this tracking - even though the person may move out of the frame a little.

How can I do this without having to resize each cut in the sequence?

Could someone help me, please?!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reveal the Auto Reframe effect in the effect controls of a clip, you can see that it contains a checkbox "Overwrite generated path". If you check it, the "Adjust Position" contains keyframes representing the tracked animation. Now you can remove those keyframes by clicking on the stop watch to remove the keyframed animation and only keep the position at the current frame.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 14.45.58.png

UPDATE: I just noticed that for whatever reason, the Adjust position does not work as expected, if it has no keyframes. Hence,make sure to click the Adjust Position stopwatch twice. The first click will remove all keyframes and the second one will add a keyframe again at the current time, such that you end up with a property with a single keyframe. 

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a tool with my (paid) extension Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro to automate the process and remove the auto reframe tracking data from all selected clips. 

This tutorial shows both the manual approch and the automated workflow using Automation Blocks:

Here you can download the Automation Blocks tool

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bnwi1nt1r605vcutvfb5z/Selected-Clips-Remove-Auto-Reframe-Track.xml?rl...

It is also included in the Community Library of Automation Blocks at

Clips/Keyframes/Remove/Selected Clips - Remove Auto Reframe Track

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

update: We now also have a tool to copy the tracking information to the clip's position property. That way you can adjust the position very easily and also get rid of the Auto Reframe effect if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvo87ehv0s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines