Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"create captions" not working - only for VERY short transcriptions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently in my 7-day free trial phase. The transcription and automatic subtitles function is very important for my decision to buy premiere pro or not.

Problem: With very short transcriptions everything works fine. But as soon as a transcription is longer than approx. 60 characters, the creation of subtitles doesnt work. The bar never moves, so that I have to press "cancel" at some point.

I have read some forum posts about similar problems. I tried deactivating my firewall and anti-virus software, I have tried all sort of different older versions as well after first using the latest version (22.2.0 build 128)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello maarten,

Sorry for this. Is your computer meeting system requirements? If so, speech-to-text transcription should work as expected. I wrote this FAQ that may contain some troubleshooting steps for you. Can you check it out? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-premiere-pro-troubleshooting-speech-to-t...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt meet the minimal requirements, you're right. However, the transcription works fine... just the creation of the subtitles doesnt work.

Im thinking about buying a new computer, but I'm worried it might still not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I understand your concern. If you like, upload a sample video clip to Creative Cloud or DropBox, and I can check it for you. I hope I can help you!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working fine... Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines