• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"File has unsupported compression type" - Sony A7SIII 4K footage

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to import sonya7siii 4K footage into premiere pro. I get a unsupported compression type error. These are 4K .mp4 files. I usually first transfer them to a 4TB Sandisk SSD for faster transfer and then transfer them to my external drives. Once they are in my external drive, I change the name of the file to reflect the shooter, date, card# etc. I still keep it as a .mp4 file. I never had this issue before but am having it now for the last 4-5 months. I have a mix of 422 10 bit ad 420 8 bit footage. Any suggestions how I can make them compatible to Adobe PP ? I usually create proxy files from Adobe PP and edit using proxies and then re attach the high res files.

Any help is appreciated. I am lost and have been banging my head against the wall for last month.

Thanks

Sid

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked a number of A7s3 clips without issues. Could you share a clip that others like me could test?

And of course, there's always the MediaInfo utility app that "we" so frequently request information from "here". Download/install that applet, and drag/drop a file onto its icon on your desktop. That opens MediaInfo, and select the "Tree view" option. Take a  screen-grab of the video info section, and drag/drop that screen grab onto your reply box. That would also be helpful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I will do that this evening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out?

I'm starting to panic. I shot a wedding with the same settings - 422 10 bit 60fps. I'm using the Sony A7Siii. 

Can't open using quicktime player and the files won't open in Premiere either. 

It's previewing fine on the camera, but the files show no data on the computer.

I've used the 10bit setting before but with 24fps and it worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having a panic attack I figured it out for anyone else with this problem.

You need to change your sequence settings on premiere to 422 bit. If you go to sequence settings- editing mode, scroll down until you see 422. 

You should be able to import files now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @natashah80132955 

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same issue with me, however I don't see that option on my editing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines