Exit

"Go to next/previous marker" command not working in Adobe 2023

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 23.1.0

Mac OS 12.0.1

I just updated to Adobe 2023. I use markers to mark selects in my timeline. When I use the "Go to next/previous marker" command to jump from marker to marker, I'm sent to a random point at the beginning of my timeline where there is no marker, and then I am stuck there and this command has no affect. This happens when I use my keyboard shortcuts, or select this command directly from the Marker menu. I spoke with another editor who is having the exact same issue since updating to Adobe 2023. Haven't been able to find any work around, we'd love to see a fix for this bug ASAP!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you should file a bug report.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-migration-of-uservoice-to-support-commun...

Have you tried remapping the command to another keycombination in keyboard shortcuts...?  Also, you might try resetting your preferences.  

And if you're looking for validation for your frustration with this problem, I rely on this command constantly...  but only occasionally working in 2023, I've got a 2012 macbookpro that I can't update to 2023, and I've got a client who's got an imac that's still on 2021...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Haven't tried any of those things yet. Would love to avoid resetting my preferences if possible. Unfortunately, the problem persists even when I'm not using my keyboard shortcut for the command. Good advice to file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there may be other ways to do this, but check out preference manager by digital rebellion

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

It will allow you to back up your preferences, reset them and if it doesn't solve the problem, restore the previous set.

If it's still the way it used to be, it's free...  DR has a bunch of other utilities that cost and are sometimes worth every penny...    Oops just checked, it hasn't been updated to Premiere 2023.  Will drop them a note...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recommendation! I will check on that soon to see if they've made an update for 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great work Stan...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines