• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Mask with shape" not working as intended

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a 2 as text in a graphics layer. I animated the position for the 2 to move from left to right. I created a shape in the same graphics layer to cover the area where the 2 would move. I created a feathered mask over the shape over where the 2's last keyframe is. I clicked mask with shape. Nothing happens. I click invert and then the opposite effect happens of what is needed.
How do I fix this and the software as intended?
Below are the in-between movements to check if the effect is actually masking properly:

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stay working in the EGP itself to do this sort of thing actually. Make user the shape is above the number in the EGP's layer stack up top. Then simply moving the number under the shape via animation should work for your needs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post the entire Graphics panel. Not just a little bit. No way to tell what you are doing.

I am guessing you are mixing two maskes features the wrong way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines