• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)" messes up 'Transform' effect

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I've been trying to use GPU Acceleration on Premiere Pro 2021/2022. However, I've been having this issue that whenever I turn on GPU Acceleration, the Transform effect that I've been using breaks.

How the effect works is it's supposed to zoom in an image with some motion blur. It's a simple animation that goes from 0 to 100 on the 'Scale' keyframe setting using Bezier keyframes. I have the shutter angle set to 360 with the 'Use Composition's Shutter Angle' turned off. The problem is that instead of zooming in from the center like it's supposed to, it zooms in from the top left. I have also found just adjusting the Scale setting in the Transform effect makes the picture move to the left and right corners depending on which way I slide it. 

I have tested it out, and this issue only happens when I have GPU Acceleration turned on, as when I have it on 'Software Only', it does not happen. I'd like to be able to fix this issue, since without GPU Acceleration, editing videos can be quite a hassle. 

I have attached an image of my Transform effect settings and also a video of what the issue looks like. Hope you can help. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:
I have fixed the misalignment issue by making sure that the Anchor Point and Position are at 960, 540. 

However, for some reason, whenever I use a preset, the Anchor Point and Position change depending on which clip I put it on instead of just staying at 960, 540.

Also, for 1 frame at the start of a clip, the transform effect doesn't appear, and instead just shows a frame of the clip without the effect.

I have no clue why this is happening, and I have no issue with this when not using OpenCL GPU Accleration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines