• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Merge Clips" option grayed out

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly can't merge clips in premiere pro, the "merge clips" option is greyed out. I've gone through the forum and everything pertinent seems so convoluted and unnecessarily complicated. I don't want to Nest the clips, or use multi cam, I simply want to be able to right click two or more clips on the timeline, and be able to select the "merge clips" option in the drop down again. 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg:

It sounsd like ou are descriping Clip > Group instead of Clip > Merge.

Merging is done from a Project tab or Bin tab when you have video and corresponding sound selected.

Groups is done from a Sequence/Timeline when you have two or more clips selected.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, I was having the exact same issue and had no luck finding an answer online. I actually solved the problem accidentally. In order to see the Merge function not greyed out you have to import the relevant files into the project window, and not be accessing them via opening folders that are pointing towards your stored files. The later way of accessing files is what is suggested to do in the Premiere Pro 2021 tutorials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue with no luck solving it. Can you expand on this solution? My files are imported into my project window and my "merge" is still greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the nest option under merge clips 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to put them In one bin first before being able to merge them, I have no idea why though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution is what worked for me!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines