• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Offline material present in this export" - How do I find the corresponding clips?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On export of a bigger project Premiere shows the following message:

"Offline material is present in this export and has online proxies attached. Offline material will be encoded using the proxies."

I managed to find and replace one clip where for some reason Premiere didn't want to switch back from Proxy to the original material (even though the original was still in the same place in the project folder. Importing it again and reinserting it in the timeline solved the problem), but the message is still being displayed, so I'm guessing there might be more clips with the same issue.
I made the mistake to render some of the proxies without a watermark, so it is not that easy to find them just by watching the film.

Is there a fast way to find the corresponding files?

And to the Adobe Team: Why, if Premiere clearly has the information (how else would it decide to display the error message?) is it not showing to me right away, which material it is referring to. Seems like a mistake to me, that is easy to fix. For example by adding the timecodes, or names of the material in question to the error message.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes the clips have video covering it up or premiere may be using proxies...  I think if you select all the clips in your timeline and go to the clip menu and choose link media, it will show you a list of clips without media...  at least that's what I remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any proxies should be easily findable in the Project panel by creating a search bin for "Proxies".

Then select all, set a label color to make them very visible in the timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines