• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Reveal in..." and "join through" greyed out after using essential sound panel to retime music.

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time trying out the auto duration settings in essential sound and I'm finding that after running it I can no longer use the "reveal in..." commands. They are greyed out. Match framing to the clip and then trying to use the command still doesn't work. 

I'm also noticing that if you make an edit anywhere in the music it cannot be undone by "join through edit"

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct.

Its no longer the original file after you retimed the music.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it also doesn't create a new file in the bin to referance. There's definitely a better way to implement this. I use those two fucntions constantly. It's important to trace your file path 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could render and replace after remix. That will give you a file in the project window and join through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tienes razon, una vez que modificas el audio se crea una copia del mismo audio que no te vincula al archivo original,  y no puedes usar la herramienta, si deseas unir mediante ediciones (join trought edits) deberias exportar el audio (al menos es lo que yo utilizo para casos puntuales)

Salu2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines