• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"show duplicate frame markers" in new captions doesn't make sense

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also posted this as bug report, but wanted to get some community feedback.

Link to the bug report:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42917055--show-duplicate-fr...

I'm working with "show duplicate frame markers" function enabled to quickly spot, if i accidentally used some media twice.

If i edit captions and insert a new caption field between two already existing fields they sometimes get randomly marked as double frames. It also happens if i extend a caption. Strange thing is that only parts of the caprions get marked as double frames. There's no comprehensable consistency in the behaviour. The marked caption fields have nothing in common (apart from the same properties, but sometimes not even that).

It would make sense if two identical caption fields (or at least captions with the same text) would get marked as duplicates. But you can easily create duplicates thet aren't marked at all...

It's unsettling to always have bits of my captions marked as double frames, because it always makes me think i did something wrong. So i tweak the **** out of my captions to get rid of the marks...

I would suggest to either completely deactivate this function for the captions tracks or change the behaviour to identify if two captions really look the same and then mark the complete caption as duplicate instead of random parts of them.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last two weeks i came to the conclusion that the "show duplicate frames" option is super useless for captions. The longer i edit my videos the more frames are shown as duplicates, even if they're all unique.

Some of my videos are based on previous videos, so i just copy&paste the captions and adjust the lenght and position of the clips to the new one. Right now i have several videos where almost the complete captions track is marked as duplicate frames.

Yesterday that caused a duplicate captions clip to almost remain unnoticed. I had copied a captions clip and wanted to edit the text but was interrupted and forgot about it. A working "show duplicate frames" function for captions would have been useful here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvoted your bug report. The dupe frames for caption tracks makes no sense.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there was any ever feedback on this ? I'm still facing these issues now a year later... makes no sense. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. I found this post months ago. And, the issue we were having is PREMIER running extermly slow when SHOW DUPLICATE FRAME MARKERS is selected while having CAPTIONS in the captions track.
- Projects open super slow
- Premiere comes to a grinding halt

With that ... ADOBE can you please shed some light if you may be working on a solution for this. I upvote this bug as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - I'm having the same problem, only with clip markers. It's showing clip markers and not indicating duplicate frames in the sequence - also driving me mad. I'll upvote your bug report, and perhaps create another as it's a bit different.
See attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines