• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The importer reported a generic error"

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new M1 Macbook Pro and was trying to move my Premiere projects from my old Windows desktop. I plugged in my external drive to my laptop and everything about the projects load fine, it even automatically finds and relinks the video files. However, I have a lot of mp3 audio files in the project that Premiere keeps saying "The importer reported a generic error" when I try to import any of them. I'm not really sure what the issue is. The files appear normally in Finder and I can play them with no issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Pro, clearing the Media Cache, restarting my Mac, renaming/relocating the files... none of them seem to get rid of the error. Would love any solution to this so I can resume working on my projects.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Eli,

Sounds mysterious. What is the origin of the .mp3 files? An audio library?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're all royalty-free music from youtube converted with an online Youtube-MP3 converter. They worked fine on my Windows machine so I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weird, Eli. What happens if you convert a file to .wav? Does it work then?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines