• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The project was saved in a newer version of premiere pro and cannot be opened in this version." - Except it wasn't!

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I saved a project I've been working on for a couple of days. It's been fine all along. Today, when I went to open it, it's no longer listed in the recently opened files on startup and i get this message:

"The project was saved in a newer version of premiere pro and cannot be opened in this version."

Except it wasn't! I use Premiere CC and it's been fine all along. I can no longer open it at all...

Any thoughts? Very frustrating!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

I had this problem and called support.  Following was my problem and resolution.

I created a project at home on my laptop.  When I got to work and tried to reopen it,  I got this message.  “This project contains a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type”.  Turns out the reason was because my laptop was not connected to the internet. You have to have internet access for Creative Cloud to recognize the program is activa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG - After MONTHS of running into this problem, over and over, you have finally solved it, and it's SUCH A SIMPLE "FIX". Only problem is, it's not really a fix, it's a workaround, because when the problem pops up, you can't just double click on a saved PP timeline file in your autosave bin. You have to know this "secret" of  RIGHT CLICKING AND SELECTING "OPEN WITH" THE PREMIERE PRO VERSION YOU CREATED THE FILE WITH.

Come on Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was clicking on 'Properties' for the project file and checking the 'Opens With...' section.  Apparently Windows had it set to open my Premiere default to 2020 version, which is way outdated.  So even though I created it in 2022 Premiere Pro, and tried to open it from WITHIN 2022 Premiere, somehow it was still defaulting me to 2020 because of that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines