• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Trim blocked on Video 1" issue

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, each time I try to trim clips i keep getting the same notice "trim blocked on video 1".

This is frustating because I don't know what I'm doing wrong, the clips you see in the image have enough head and tail footage needed to perform the trim and none of the tracks is locked. Ripple edit and Rolling edit work fine though.

Immagine.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

the problem only occurs when i try to go over the other clip.

That is your problem: you cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video part consists of two parts hence the block.

Which one are you trying to trim and to which direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to trim the first one on the second one.

I noticed that it works only if i shorten the second one and then stretch the first one, the problem only occurs when i try to go over the other clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem only occurs when i try to go over the other clip.

That is your problem: you cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hence, the rolling edit.

you could zoom in on timeline as necessary and select EVERYING to the right of the clip you want to extend, and move it out of the way...and THEN do your adjustment of that one clip, and THEN select everything to the right of it, and put your CTI at the end of adjusted clip ( so stuff will sorta snap to it ), and move everything BACK to fill in the gap.

depends on lots of stuff ( sound (links) and layers and so on ) if you can make that happen nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the solution. In the Timeline you can see at the left options (little ones) there is the Padlock - V1 - (kinda schedule) - and finally an eye. You have to click (to block) the kinda schedule one. But you have to do it in every line you are working (A1, A2, V1,  V2). After that, you will be able to use the ripple edit tool (B). I had the same problem for a week, so now I share the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and I don't know what you mean by the "kinda schedule" one.  Do you mean the Toggle Sync Lock?  I tried clicking that , but it still didn't work.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I did was hold down Ctrl and drag the edge of the clip. It worked for me. I think it's the shortcut for the Ripple Edit Tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines