• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to create image buffer" warning then black screen when a project is loaded

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere for over a decade and in the past week have had a new issue. My issue started in the past week. I'm on Premiere Pro CC 2018. I have an i5-6600 with 32GB RAM and a 4GB GTX 960 I have a samsung 950 256GB OS drive and a samsung 960 512 Media Cache drive. The project files are on a seagate 4TB HDD. When I load a particular project I notice premiere eats up all 32GB of RAM and then after a couple minutes of "conforming audio" I see a small error window show up in the bottom right corner of my screen for a second that says "Unable to create image buffer" and then my dual screens go black. Windows event log shows crashes in Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) and nvidia openGL. I've reinstalled the GPU driver and Premiere itself to no avail.

I see others have had this issue on prior versions of Premiere. I see the Renderer preference was removed in CC 2018 so I guess Premiere handles CUDA automatically better these days?

Well there's some bug. What could be causing this issue and what's the solution? None of the prior issues online seemed to have solutions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cinemed,

Sorry. Locking the thread as you did not provide enough info related to your media for us to help. 

For others with the same issue, please create a new thread with full details about your system, especially your media. If it is 4K HEVC or H.264, transcode the media to an editing codec (ProRes, DNxHR, and not H.264), and these issues will be alleviated. Please try it.

This post is almost 5 years old and stale. We are trying to rid our system of such posts, making it function better.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines