• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R3D RED Footage shows Black, can't edit.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere was working fine until 4 days ago, i opened the project i was working on and all R3D Red footage shows black on all screens (Source, Program, or 2nd monitor full screen preview).

Other codecs work fine (sometimes rarely show black when resizing the UI of the source and program monitor)

I tried restarting premiere, windows, updating NVIDIA driver to the latest, reverting the NVIDIA driver back to multiple old drivers, all of this with no luck.

Please help i am in the middle of editing a feature film and i need to recover time wasted to reach deadlines ASAP.

Setup:

1- Operating system: Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

2- Premiere Pro: Version 14.4.0 (Build 38) 3- HP Z840 Workstation:

- Processor: 2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz 6 Cores 12 Threads

- RAM: 64GB ECC

- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB

4- Storage:

- 1TB NVMe for windows and apps

- 500GB SSD Cache only

- 4x6TB Internall HDDs in RAID0 for small projects

- QNAP 8x8TB RAID5 over 20Gbps Ethernet Network for big projects (RED Footage stored here).

PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi midomido,

Sorry to hear about this. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. Have you tried testing R3D files from your internal drive to check if it's generating the preview? Also, have you tried clearing the cache files & checked if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I Already mentioned the version of Premiere ( Premiere Pro: Version 14.4.0 (Build 38))

I checked from internal to external storage same thing black.

Also cleared the cache but nothing.

The problem that i did not understand is that the files were working before suddenly stopped working.weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Is this happening with any specific project or even in the new projects? For testing purposes, please try switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only & check if it generates the preview.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It started 5 o 6 days ago, all red footage were working fine, until the day i opened the project to continue the edit and suddenly no preview, it was glitching the first few seconds and then turned black.

From that day every piece of footage from any red camera is showing black.

Switching to software only is working but a nightmare to edit if not possible.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines