• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Frame Popping Up in Premiere Pro 12.1.1 Sequence

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced a strange error today in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 (version 12.1.1) in which I duplicated a sequence, made some edits, and then in one of my clips, there was consistently a random frame popping up from another, earlier clip in the sequence. When I toggled frame by frame, I could still see this same random frame pop up (even though I was looking at a clip that definitely doesn't include that frame). After a few seconds, though, Premiere would suddenly change the frame to the correct one. But it would never go away when playing the sequence.

I tried restarting Premiere (and my entire computer), and I tried changing the Playback resolution to 1/4. Nothing worked. I decided to delete the sequence and make another copy. This time, everything was fine. Does anyone know what caused this weird bug? Does this mean that my project is somehow corrupt? Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this when I start my next new project with the recordings in the random/strange frame rates. Those are the only ones that give me trouble. The recordings come from a touchscreen software program that records video of its functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton for this. I did not delete all renders but just copied the offending video clip from one place in the timeline to an empty place in the timeline. No glitch! Then I copied it back where it was to begin with. Still no glitch. Thank you so much. Hope it helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This surprisingly helped me. Didn't think it would

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe paying any attention to this forum? It would be nice if someone from Adobe could address this and at least comment on the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lori,

This is a user-to-user forum with very little participation from Adobe Premiere Pro developers. They interact with users on User Voice. Adobe Support is here on a limited basis, including me. I'm one of the managers of the community here. We do our best but cannot respond to every user. We rely on our community experts to help out. Sorry if that is unsatisfactory.

Random frames occurring during playback or in your recorded file are usually due to an errant render or "video preview" file. Rerendering the effect or removing the preview file by deleting it usually solves it in my experience.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your clarification and the tip about the preview files. Appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I am on leave right now so editing a lot more these days. I'll see if the error hits me, as well. Take care.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, if I remove the preview file and copy and paste the footage to a different spot on my timeline without rerendering, the problem goes away. But if I render the footage or export the footage even without rendering first, the problem shows up again in the export. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines