• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Zero Byte Files Appearing Next to Project Files?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this. I recently upgraded to an M1 Max MacBook Pro and suddenly I am finding random zero byte files popping up next to all of my project files. I don't know if these are remnants of autosave files, cache files, or something else, but they continue to multiply and seem to be completely empty files. They do not go away after clearing my cache or restarting. I tried downgrading Premiere Pro as well and no luck. If I delete them, they reappear. Maybe some type of permissions issue, although I've given Premiere full disk access? Any ideas? 

FYI, I'm running Premiere Pro 22.1.2 on an M1 Max MacBook Pro and macOS 12.1 Monterey. Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update, these rogue files seem to be popping up when I export still frames from a project into a folder as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJP2014,

Sorry about that. I have not seen that yet. Can you show us a screenshot? I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there are screen caps attached to the first and third posts in this thread. Thanks for your help! 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this potential solution, RaeBae! https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-creating-weird-zero-kb-textedit...

Does it work? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go Kevin

Seems like it's cropping up for others as well..

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-creating-weird-zero-kb-textedit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. Are you working in an enterprise? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working off the internal drive but it's a company laptop with mobile device management (Jamf). Is that causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you figure it out, I am slowly realizing this may be connected to JAMF as well for my company computer once I upgraded to Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and the issue seems to have resolved itself, tbh I hadn't noticed

What fixed it though is anyone's guess - I've recently updated Premiere, Monterey, and IT updated JAMF

Currently running Monterey 12.4 / Pr 22.5.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the exact same issue. Anyone able to help us figure out what this is? Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan I've attached another screenshot here. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.58.16 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue on my new 14inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I have to go in and clean them out on a regular basis.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried updating to v.23.0, Thomas? Are you also running an M1 MacBook Pro?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines