Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomize image order option

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm very fond of working with random when it comes to my modular synthesizer. Sometimes it creates melodies, sound or rythm that inspires me to continue on a certain path. 

Sometimes I feel it would be convenient to have a randomize option to help get creative. Like, for instance working with a select reel for an abstract scene meaning connected to shots comes by placing one next to the other, then watch it back and slowly we come to a sequence that makes sense. Randomisation more often creates non sensical  combinations, but sometimes there is big inspiration in it. Ofcourse, editing is often experimenting en reviewing your choises, but in some cases this would make that proces quicker. 

I am wondering if there are more people that would be intereseted in a function that completely randomizes the image order of a sequence.  

Kind regards,
Rowdy

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rowdy,

How about using the freeform view?

It sort of gives you a randomish / mindmap way of viewing your footage.

Here's a great introduction into how it might help you 🙂

https://motionarray.com/learn/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-freeform-view/

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Euan,

Thanks for your input! I didn't know this was an option and is worth looking into, especially for organising a project.
However this way we are still manually reordering footage. We already do that similarly at sequence level. 

All the best!

Rowdy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, agreed, but you can randomly move them more easily 😉

As an off the wall thought, there are a number of utilities
that will randomly rename a folder full of clips !!! 😉

THEN use the free form tool  . . .

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an extension for randomly organizing files, hopefully this helps!!

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/108912/file-order-randomizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the link!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to give you some background, I am currently in the process of putting together a slideshow that includes a variety of pictures. I shared a folder with a group of people so that they could add their own photos, but I noticed that when I added them to the timeline, they were arranged in the order that they were uploaded. I was hoping to mix them up a bit, and I found that this extension was really helpful because it automatically sorted them in a more random order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines