• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Razor tool and then color label after

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the razor tool to make a cut on a clip (video and audio) to split it in two, I then tried to select the part I wanted to keep and label it a color (like red).  However, once I selected it and put the color on it, the part of the clip I didn't like and cut out (razored out) automatically turned the label color too.  I am doing this for an on-line class and the instructor selected the part she wanted to keep and color labeled it and it only labeled the good and not also the part she razored out.  I posted this question on the online course but, I have not heard yet how to resolve this.  I am new to Premiere Pro CC so stumbling around in the dark at this point and stuck on this little problem.  I looked through a book by Adobe on Premiere and I see nothing about this.  I have looked online elsewhere for answers and see nothing on it.  Please instruct me on this if you can...thanks!!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Here's a suggestion. Go to your file menu and pull down to "Project Settings > General" and see if you have the box checked next to "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" If that is checked then any time you change a label color then all the instances of those clips in your timeline and project browser will change. This could be the culprit.

Project_Settings.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a suggestion. Go to your file menu and pull down to "Project Settings > General" and see if you have the box checked next to "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" If that is checked then any time you change a label color then all the instances of those clips in your timeline and project browser will change. This could be the culprit.

Project_Settings.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Thank you!!  Bless you! I just got goosebumps!  Problem solved!!  You're a wonder!  So grateful for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the new way to do this- the "display the project item name and label color for all instances" box seems to have gone away???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

show source clip name and label.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines