• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Cross Dissolve does not always work

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a similar and very annoying issue.  Using latest version of Premiere on my Mac.  I can't add dissolves at the end of a clip (fade to black), even though there is -plenty- of additional footage beyond the cut.  Sometimes it'll work if I re-start. Once it worked after I added a different transition  and then removed it (dip to black, removed dip to black, then could add cross dissolve) but even then it's not consistent.  It will work if I add a "black video" clip, I can dissolve to it, but if I remove the black video clip, I lose the effect and can't add it again. I don't know if this is a problem with this particular version of Premiere Pro (2023) on Monterey or what, but I've been using Premiere for probably close to 20 years and never had this problem before.  This doesn't happen on the PC.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cross dissolve is a two sided transition and requires two clips to work properly.

Fade to black is a one sided transition and is used with only one clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using the 'cross dissolve' effect at the begining or end of clips for more years than I can count on hundreds of projects.  There is no "Fade to Black" effect in the video transition libary.   "Dip to Black" fades to black and then back to picture, so that's useless.  

kgmeloy_0-1681768679224.png
The fact that restarting the software or putting something else in first, deleting that, and then adding the dissolve indicates a software issue. I have taken this entire project from the Mac and put in on my PC and things work as expected - though in both cases, the Mac and the PC, when dragging the effect onto the clip, I have to hold the effect there for a second or two before it 'sticks'. Again, something I have never had to do before.  Something has changed in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines