Exit

RE-SHOOT or work around?

Participant ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

(screenshot below)

Need some help and or opinion on this I have some footage shot at 4k, 60FPS of a bike that is spinning around with a black/gray background, the lighting does not look great so the shadows are noticeable when it's spinning... I tried some effects like: "Color Difference" "Different Mate" "Shift Channels" "Extract" and played around with the colors/curves, but what happens is when I try to remove the shadows or get a darker look I also remove some of the darkest part of the bike! so is there a smarter way of getting around this or would it be better to re-shoot and play around more with the lighting? and should I consider using a green screen instead? I'm thinking about re-shooting the whole thing but wanted to shoot my shot here as a last resort incase someone got a way around this. thanks in advance!

BIKE.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Experiment , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reshooting a problematic scene is usually best if it can be done easily.

Now you know what issues to look for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines