• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Sony A7S3 Footage performance in Premiere Pro 2022

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same. An worse, my colors are way off!!! Project made in PP2021 looks fine, same project in PP2022 looks way too saturated, overly contrasted etc, Not usable. What did you do Adobe! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By color, the developers have implemented a new function for interpreting the footage into the desired color space. Try this:

Screenshot 2021-10-29 111607.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is it. Cannot thank you enough!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always happy to help 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh!! thank you very much for the info !! now yes!! I've been worried all night! Ugh! thank goodness!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having no problems with my A7Siii files in premiere until I updated to 2022. Now they won't even play back its so chopy and slow. The funny thing is that my FX6 footages plays flawlessly. This is happening across multiple projects and driving me insane. I tried the colour space override trick and it doesn't seem to help. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pr2022 underlying color system is completely new, and is, I would say, in "teething" at the moment.

The previous versions were all based on Rec.709 math in the sequences. A couple versions back they added "... the ability to work with HDR values as over-range Rec.709 ... " which sorta gave a cadged together way to work a bit in HLG/PQ.

But the 2022 version is completely new, underneath, designed to be color-space agnostic. It's supposed to work as well with HDR as SDR. Which is something we users need of course.

And part of the problems many users are having, is it's got some default behaviors that are completely changed which most users don't know about. Add to that, some things aren't working as expected by the developers. Which they've acknowledged and are working on fixes. Unfortunately, we haven't had the fixes yet.

One problem that seems to vex Premiere is this: all HDR media, whether HLG/PQ, is log-encoded. But though most SDR/Rec.709 media is 'integer-encoded', some is also log-encoded but expected to be 'normalized' into the Rec.709/SDR "space".

Premiere is supposed to be able to recognize what is log-encoded because it's intended to be in HLG/PQ spaces, and what is log-encoded but actually still Rec.709. But it fails with the clips from some cameras.

You're totally shocked to hear that Pannys ... especially the A7S series ... are some of the cameras it struggles with right now, right?

I'm hoping we get a patch soon to fix a number of issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

It's a bit frustrating as I've had to switch back to the 2021 version which fixed my issues. Footage plays back flawlessly now. Wish I did that before spending hours that we're unneeded on a client project that used A7Siii footage. Very tempted to jump ship on Adobe right now.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, understood.

I do work in both Resolve and the Adobesphere, and ... there ain't no magic bullet. BM is building out Resolve to be an equivalent to the Adobe apps, and well ... when you try to be all things for all workflows on all platforms ... um ... things don't always work as well as we users hope, it seems.

For some users, R is more stable/performant. For others, Premiere. In the end they're all simply tools. Fancy hammers. So use what works for your client needs and sanity.

Personally, I detest Resolve's UI and the way everything from workspace to control panels are totally locked down by the engineering team. My Tangent Elements panel ... half the controls are never 'on' in Resolve because although they allow it to be used, we users are not allowed to modfiy the few tools they do map to it. So most of the panel is black at any one time.

And the UI arrangement ... is just weird to me.

But some good friends love the Resolve UI and detest Premiere. To each their own ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spencer,

Sorry. Can you try deleting all media cache with projects closed and then installing the new version of Premiere Pro 22.2? Let us know if the performance is better. You can run both versions side by side if needed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines