• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

RE: YouTube videos-overlay-creator in box reviewing his desktop- how???

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't know where to post this so here it is. I don't yet have Premiere but will if it can do what I want. What I want to do is what I see often in YouTube videos-where the content creator is seen in a box, often at the corner, while they are reviewing something on their desktop- such as a document or photo or video or whatever. Kinda like what you can see and do with Zoom. I have Cyberlink Powerdirector 17 and asked in their forum but a moderator was rude and unhelpful so that makes me consider getting Premiere Pro. That moderator said it can be done just with a screen savor. He didn't say how and the screen savor that comes with the Cyberlink editing program isn't working on this 8 year old Dell desktop XPS so I can't experiment with it. I don't think this "trick" is done simply with a screen savor. So, if this is a bad place to ask this question- where can I go? I have posted a similar question in the YouTube forum- got no response.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use free OBS to setup a 'scene' where you capture from multiple sources and record. So you can have the app capture the screen of a monitor or specific app, and capture the image from a webcam setup. Resize the webcam via the "filters" options for that item in OBS so that it's small and in a corner.

Now ... that is a single recording, you can't edit later as to whether the little webcam image is included or not. A limitation of OBS.

Camtasia has the ability to record multiple things at once, put them all on a timeline on separate tracks. So in editing you can set the properties for a track and of course change as you go through the timeline.

You can try also using free OBS to capture the screen of the app you're working in, while using a camera that actually writes the image to card as your 'webcam'. Then take both recordings into Premiere and do your editing, including adding/sizing/locating the 'webcam' image as you wish.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, excuse my getting dense in my old age. I used to be fairly sophisticated with computers- but doing what I asked about is only slowly sinking in. I think I get it now- with a screen recorder (I stupidly said screen savor in my first post)- it can capture from my webcam and whatever is on my desktop (a document, photo, video, online source, whatever) at the same time. It seems obvious now- but for some reason I had trouble understanding this. Something like this was explained to me by others but not as well as your description. I have Cyberlink Powerdirector which comes with a screen recorder but it's not working with my 8 year old Dell XPS desktop. Apparently, it was suggested, I need to upgrade the video driver but I hesitate because I fear such an upgrade my mess up the computer. I was once fearless doing such upgrades but not any more. I have too much important stuff on this system. I'll be buying a new PC soon and hopefully it'll work well with screen recorders. Supposedly, the screen recorder that came with Cyberlink can call up the webcam video- and thus record that plus the desktop which is the goal. When I get the new PC I'll also either buy the latest Cyberlink or move up to Premiere-a more costly but more professional program. So, Premiere does not come with a screen recorder? Thanks!

Joe  Z

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, Premiere doesn't do screen recordings.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines