Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading Text Layer in clip?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe-Team,

I'm looking for a way to programmatically read the content of a text-layer-clip from a sequence in Adobe Premiere Pro.

I've come to a point where I was able to get the property name and nearly each of the values of the properties of that text layer but I cannot figure out how to get the content in JSX.

In Photoshop this would be something like .textItem... but here in Premiere all I get is:

for (var propertyName in app.project.activeSequence.videoTracks[1].clips[lvi].components[2].properties[0])
{
$.writeln(propertyName);
}

-> displayName which content is "Quelltext" which is not the textual content of the layer but just the name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mirko

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

There is currently no API for getting the text (strings) out of clips, Text layers, or Titler instances. We're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no API for getting the text (strings) out of clips, Text layers, or Titler instances. We're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to write an extension to extract text from a premiere project. Is there an ETA of when this might be available in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be surprised if you didn't see that capability in the API by NAB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm would it be a part of the "Component" interface? I'm not seeing anything in the Object Model documentation in ExtendScript Toolkit, but there aren't any details around the Component objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All effects show up as 'components'.

There's nothing there, today, that would let you access/modify text strings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, I did find that you can get to the text in a video by following a path similar to this: JSON.stringify(app.project.sequences[0].videoTracks[0].clips[0].components[2].properties[0].getValue());

The component at index 2 will be the Text, if there is text in the video, and properties[0] is usually Source Text, and if you stringify the value returned, then you can parse it and turn it into a JS object to work with. It's weird and has some strange params in it.

Is this experimental or new, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's new.

I think what you've noticed is that, for PPro-sourced .mogrts, you get the actual source text, while for AE-source .mogrts, you get a blob of JSON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any update on this for 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines