• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rearrange Audio Tracks?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the order of audio tracks in Premiere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

EdwardJ,

Sorry, that is a feature request. Please upvote this request for maximum traction: Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean to say, move one down a couple tracks and move others up ... just drag them up or down. Select the whole track of course, if there are multiple clips. Then click/drag.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I mean rearrange the order of tracks themselves.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 12:08 AM R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

a1 is always followed by a2, etc.

closest you could get to do what you want is name the tracks, unlink your audio from video, move the stuff to where you want ( say 'effects' goes into a1 now... and your normal sound from a1 that was linked to v1 could be down on a2, etc.

I think you would be making things too complicated doing that type stuff.

If you want to just play v1 it will always want to play a1 also     they are sorta associated with each other internally ..

least that's what it's like in version I use.. maybe newer versions allow for what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I come from a ProTools background, so I’m used to being able to arrange

the track order. It just reassigned the number. For example, if I move A2

to A1, A2 now becomes A1 etc.

Just so you have the ability to group things and make things organized

without having to add a track in between and then drag the audio. So much

extra work for nothing.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 10:22 AM rodneyb56060189 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see how that would be useful. Like working on a music track and dialogue track you could drag them to the top adjacent to one another and work on volume levels of the two a bit faster maybe. I never work on complicated stuff so for me it has worked OK and I sorta switched over to a different NLE now anyway and it's a moot point right now for me.

maybe put in a 'request' to adobe.. there's people here who can give you the link to do that … I don't know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya! Exactly. I’d love that link. I have tons of ideas on how to make

premieres are your page a place you don’t have to leave to finish a project.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 11:42 AM rodneyb56060189 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

offhand, I recommend you just put in a request one item at a time. You will never hear back from anyone, but that link will apparently GO to the people responsible for 'feature requests' and eventually MAYBE to the programming chain of command.

If you go overboard with request ( keep it simple and one request per one specific 'change' to UI ) then you have a better chance of avoiding a black hole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old system was easily described from the user-side as a black hole, as NO comments ever were made by anyone from the Adobe teams. The new UserVoice is very different. Engineers and even the program heads have commented back on a fair number of issues. Asking for clarification, further details, a clip of problematic media or a project file to test in-house, all sorts of things.

Not on every post of course ... but on quite a decent number.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EdwardJ,

Sorry, that is a feature request. Please upvote this request for maximum traction: Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for linking that here, Kevin. And yes ... went over, up-voted and commented ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy 2023! I hope this topic got attention. Any update? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy 2023 indeed!  And omg, I'm completely baffled that rearranging track order still does not seem possible in Premiere.  I've already named my tracks and set track mixer fader levels, maybe added some FX on the mixer inserts (I come from a pro tools background) and now I just want to do some track rearranging/organizing.  The problem with moving the clips to a fresh track is that non of the names or track mixer settings follow.  This would be such a welcome feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dana,

This is an old thread, but I don't see many others with activity. The UserVoice system was replaced by an Ideas and Bugs subforum.

The old UserVoice feature request is now here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/reorder-rearrange-video-and-audio-tracks/idi-p/135...

483 Votes as of today. But no posts since this was migrated from UserVoice on 1/24/23.

And no staff response/status. Perhaps your post will get it back on track?

@Fergus Hammond 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very basic feature that would serve a variety of necessary use cases. For example, I'm working on a video now which features a series of interviews. Each interview has different stock background music. Since all the interviews where recorded in different places with different mic placements, a lavalier mic that was sometimes ouitside of clothes vs. inside a shirt, vs. closer to the mouth or farther, each interviewee's dialogue track could use some EQ to get them all consistent. Of course, many of the interviews need to be edited, so to have the edits be as smooth as possible, I'm using two audio tracks for many of the interviewee's dialogue to be able to crossfade between them with precise control. I'm then routing each subject's dialogue tracks to a submix where I'll put the EQ and maybe a compressor.

The problem comes when I need to add a submix channel later on in the process, for example if one subject's audio didn't need a second audio track, but then I find out later on that it does, so I create another audio track and a submix track, but Premier autotmatically puts the new submix track to the far right of the audio mixer. This is a problem when I have all the dialogue submix tracks routing to another General Dialogue submix track which allows me to control the overall volumes of ALL the dialogue tracks with a single fader. It also allows me to place a single EQ or other effect on the General Diaogue track and be able to fine tune the tone of all the dialogue tracks at once with a single plugin.

I understand this is more advanced audio editing / engineering, but it is Adobe Premier "PRO" right?

And the thing is, it's SO CLOSE to being able to do that. But since it doesn't do this, I'm almost forced to bounce out the tracks and then rebuild the routing structure in another program like Logic and do all my fine tuned audio editing there, like balancing the dialogue levels with the music levels and side chaining ot ducking the music with the dialogue.

Anyway, it would really elevate the software and make life a lot easier for this user, not too mention making a product that is capable of creating more professional results in the box since audio is a such a huge component in the perceived quality of a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines