• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent tutorial for premiere pro 2021 project file setup and storage

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I came across a tutorial which clearly explained the authors method for setting up premiere pro 2021 file storage.  She explained that she had a master location for all files under which she declared separate areas for footage etc.  She also made an empty copy of this system so thjat she could easily reproduce it for the next project.  I believe this tutorial was from a recent virtual livestream presentation but I absolutely can't find it again.  Can anyone help me with this?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

You are asking for a miracle.

The only lady I can think of is Valentina Lee.

Look in the history of your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people use a "template" project ... you create a project folder setup on disc, including folders for your various media/asset types. Put at least one item in each for this to work, as Premiere will only import folders as bins where there's a file inside that Premiere works with.

Now create a Premiere Project file, placing it in that folder structure. Go to the Media Browser, navigate to the top level folder of that structure, and import. It will import all the folders as bins in the project.

Save & close.

For use, simply duplicate the folder structure to your working area. Change the name to your project needs, and populate the asset folders with your media/assets.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Thank you very much for your assistance with my issue.  I appreciate it!  On the other hand, I would like to access the tutorial this lady gave inasmuch as other relevant material she presented was also of great interest to me.  I sincerely wish I could find it again but have not, much to my chagrin.  What I do remember about it was that it came to me via an adobe email link which I clicked on.  I didn't save the link nor can I find it on the system I'm now using inasmuch as it is a new system I'm setting up  an have made numerous changes on it.  I believe it was a virtual max presentation but can't be sure of that.  The presenter was very experienced and described her workflow utilizing the new changes in premiere.  Any suggestions on what I might do to retrieve it?

Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are asking for a miracle.

The only lady I can think of is Valentina Lee.

Look in the history of your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally tracked it down!!!

June 4th – Get Started in Premiere Pro with Valentina Vee - YouTube

Soooo,  like Gilda Radners character on Saturday Night Live.... "Never Mind"!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann,

I saw your post after typing mine.  Nice catch and thank you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines