• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently updated to PP 2022 and each time I open a project all my assets are offline!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project opens a with no flag or warning that media is missing for the project. I opened my current project and sequence and everything was offline - had to manually relink every file!

Opened another project and its similar but clips in the sequence were linked as usual, hower all my bins of  showed unused media as unlinked !  

help not sure what's going onnever had this issue before

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aleppitt,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening specifically with projects created in the previous version, or is it also happening with new projects? Also, where are the media files saved (internal/external/network drive)?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet

It happens in both - I just opened a project I created in the new version this morning and it has all its media unlinked!

See image - says it pending but it doesnt relink ...

All media files are on external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is a total pain btw as every single time I re-open one of my projects all the media is missing !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All media files are on external drives.

By @aleppitt

If it were Windows, I would suggest that you need to assign fixed drive letters to the external drives.

I'm not familiar with Macs, but could it be that your operating system is somehow losing the location of the drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmn its not a problem I've ever had before and the other thing that hung up is dynamic linking to After Effects compositions - that also has never happened before...

Im still on OS 11.5.2 Big Sur the previous iteration operationg System and sad to say its been working absolutely fine until the latest upgrade ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines