• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record live web cam video directly into Premiere Pro (CC on Windows 10)

Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to record a short video of myself.  I could put a camera on a tripod, shoot the video, then read the file into my PC and then PP.  I also have a 4K web cam, though, and it would be easier to just shoot the video with that (the quality doesn't have to be great).  Easier still to shoot it right into PP.  Is there a way to do that?  Haven't been able to find any instructions online.  Thanks for any tips.

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an iMac and a Logitech BRIO 4k Pro Webcam, Yeti mic. Maybe I'm not searching for the right key phrases, but I'm having trouble finding the information on how to do this. Is it not possible with Premiere Pro?  If not, what software should I be using?  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but Premiere does not allow you to record directly into the software. You would need to used another software for that. You might want to consider using Camtasia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that it is not possible to record audio into Premier Pro? I would think this is one of the key functions for any video editing program. I am frankly shocked to learn this. I'm going back to Screencast-o-matic, because I can at least record my videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Quicktime Player (included on your iMac) and choose File - New Movie Recording. You can select your microphone from the down arrow next to the record button.

You can do Screen recordings this way as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@spaceart1 It is not possible to record a webcam video in Premiere Pro. Recording audio is possible.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another good, free option to record a webcam on both Windows and Mac OS is OBS:

https://obsproject.com/de

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines