• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red and Green Squares during playback

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm wrapping up a BTS video for a client. After a few revisions, I noticed these green and red squares when I playback my timeline, they also show up when I export. Any idea what these means? Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 7.37.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-20 at 7.38.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first thing, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

is any of the material from either a screen capture or from a smartphone?  If so, the issue is probably that your sources (or at least some of them) have a variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

If not, post back with the specs I requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It's killing me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess:  it's possible this is a "watermark" placed on your video because a third party filter has been applied to the clip...   and the filter hasn't been purchased or registered properly.   but if that's not it, please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitro 5 laptop 16 gb ram nvidia rtx 3060 graphics card 1 to of memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you applied any filters to the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I used cinema grade but I just bought this new lap top and trying to transfer the files and this happened 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to either transfer the license from the old computer to the new laptop or purchase an additional license for the new computer...  I suggest you contact cinema grade support on how to proceed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and a quick google found this on their site

"How many computers can I install it on?
License allows you to install Cinema Grade on up to two computers." So follow the instructions on how to authorize it on the new computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it. It still doesn't work red and green blocks still showing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this, First, duplicate the sequence, then click on a clip in the timeline with this issue and right click on it and choose remove attributes and make sure you remove the filter.  Does the problem still appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it. Had to remove cinema grade. But now when I try to apply the cinema grade it corrects on their site but don't transfer to premiere pro.  Thanks a lot though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines