• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red dots on playback screen!!

Participant ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a project only to find red dots on the playback screen. They are only visible on two of the sequences. Never seen those before. Any idea what they are?

Red dots.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this same issue.. did you ever figure out what the problem was or how you fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
did you get a resolve for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugin in trialversion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this the only tme this question is asked on the internet and yet Adobe hasn't answered or addressed this anywhere? HOW DO WE FIX THIS?? Premiere is being such a damn headache lately I'm thinking about going back to Final Cut. Why is everything so difficult for no reason ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the third person to post on this. So it's not a 'huge!' or universal issue for the general user base at all. And no one has posted back with further details, updates or anything. So there's no data trail for us peers here to check.

Ann had a very reasonable question ... as this sort of thing is done at times for 'watermarking' trial plugins/effects when using prior to obtaining the license details for the plugin. Do you have a plugin in use here?

Another possibility is some sort of GPU/graphics issue, especially a driver problem.

Other than that, I've not heard nor seen such things. So more details from you would be of immense help to try and sort out why you're getting whatever you're getting.

First ... a screen-grab of your Program monitor screen, drag/dropped onto your text reply box so it appears directly in your reply, would be of use. As would a list of your hardware ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM/GPU driver version.

The media, and what created it ... camera, phone, screen-grab, what?

Then include information for any effects or plugins you may be using where this appears.

That would give us some basis to start troubleshooting this with you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and here is the solution:

Click on the video clip on your timeline wherever you see the red dots and go to the Effects Controls. Look for Cinema Grids and deactivate or delete it. The red dots should disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a plug-in as Ann and Neil suggested?  But thanks for posting this.  Hopefully it will help others...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, this was helpful. Just ran into the same issue. Turned out to be a watermark from a plugin I used on trial but hadn't activated yet. Activated the plugin, in this case it was Cinema Grade, and it disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

this recently happened to me as well, but i activated when I first purchased. Is there way for me to see if its activated still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on the clip in the timeline and go to effects controls.  If you have the option to activate, I'm guessing that means it's not activated... 

Probably a good idea to reach out to whoever you purchased it from..    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirmed, I was having the same issue and also the same source of the problem: Cinema Grade plugin.

Reactivate the license key, restart Premiere Pro, and it fixed. Thank you @Stonygut for mentioning this specific Plugin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and here is the solution:

Click on the video clip on your timeline wherever you see the red dots and go to the Effects Controls. Look for Cinema Grids and deactivate or delete it. The red dots should disappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines