• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing size of project - trim raw footage

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to send samples to my color editor of portions of trimmed footage. For example, I do not want to have to send the entire 5 minutes of a raw file because it is associated with a sequence. I want to trim that down, create new raw versions based on the trimming and then remove the larger raw files. Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do this exact thing - trim down source files (Apple ProRes RAW HQ) to send tiny RAW clips to my color editor without losing the detail in the video. Unfortunately, the existing answer in this thread doesn't help with that, because the Premiere Project Manager copies entire source files. Is there a way to actually trim the source file down and maintain the RAW video detail required to color grade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there isn't. NLEs would need to re-encode (export) to do only a bit of file, and that's not what you're wanting.

Realistically, this is the kind of thing that should be coordinated pre-process. The DOP should see to it that there are short tests, hopefully with and without color chip charts, as part of the media shot for the project.

I know that's a hoped-for case, and not everyone thinks to do it. So if there's no short clips of that raw media in a folder somewhere, you'll need to send the shortest ones you've got probably.

Which at times is a right royal pain.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines