• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reducing video size of a webinar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a one hour zoom recording that I am adding only intro and exit to. The original video is 214mb but when I export the edited version it grows to 4000 mb. I tried reducing the bitrate and that helps but it is still so big and if I go down to low the quality suffers greatly! Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PVAN,

Sorry. A couple of titles and a recompression of your entire program often has this result and sounds completely normal. Can you explain the details around your original footage (run it through Media Info in Tree View) and then show us a screenshot of the export settings you used? Otherwise, we can't make any recommendations on reducing file size. 

If you add cuts and titles to a video, in Premiere Pro, that means a recompression and depends on the settings you choose for export. Invariably, these will be higher than your original footage if it is already highly compressed. Zoom footage? Yes, that's some nasty stuff. I would start by setting your expectations for your final file size; it won't be nearly as small as your originally acquired footage. Sorry about that. Please show us your settings, though, so we can lower it as much as possible for your needs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok attaching screen shots from Media info of the original video and the small intro I created as well as the export settings. I just exported and the quality isn't bad but the size is still 860mb. Is that as good as it will get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds fairly realistic, pvan. What did you differently to reduce file size by a factor of 4? One thing I would suggest is an export at 720p using the medium variable bit rate settings preset for H.264. If you need help with that, let me know. It's a really good generic export setting that I think would work well for you. Tell us how it is going.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so I first selected Match Source - Medium Bitrate, then in the Video-Bitrate Settings Window - Target Bitrate: moved it from 10 to 2.

So how would I select medium variable for H.264 AND 720p?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines