• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registering old software (CS5)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old computer running CS5 which is working OK but I am upgrading to a SSD. I wish to re-install CS5 but would like to de-activate it from the old drive first. Checking my account, there is no record of my CS5, so do I need to bother de-activating it? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CS5 had a non-simultaneous use license like the current version does.  So, you can install it again and attempt to activate it.  It's meant for working on a desktop at work and a laptop at home, but you can do it on two separate boot drives for the same computer.

I say "attempt to activate it" in that I'm not sure that the old activation servers are still working.  The support pages are still up, so you should be fine.

Activation and deactivation troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren. I tried registering on my account and it says the serial number is in use, so the system must have a record of it somewhere. I have installed it on my new drive and it runs OK. On the help menu the "deactivate" option is there, so does that mean it is now activated anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are good to go. I'm getting ready to do this with CS6. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a relief. I just dont know why it doesn't appear on my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a list of the products I've registered. "Plans and payments" tab -> Products. It does not show activation status.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, nothing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you always used the same email address for your Adobe ID?  That's a common cause of registered software not showing up as expected.  

Not finding the registration should not prevent you from using CS5.  Just be sure to take extra care to not misplace the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines