• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking Missing Media Mac to PC issues

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help on relinking media not found when starting a project on 2013 Mac Pro (10.9.5) running Premiere v10.4 then moving the project to a Windows 10 PC, running Premiere v10.4,  both attached via fibre to a Facils Terrablock 24d.  The volumes are all multi write NTFS formatted.  The same issue happens with After Effects, same versions.

By nature the file paths will not be the same, but Premiere seems to be able to relink automatically for some paths, but not all..

We are having to manually relink a great number of media elements which is taking way too much time and effort.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen something like your setup and we had to relink manually. Usually pointing to one file helps Premiere find a bunch of others though. Agreed on the time consumption despite folder architecture being the same, should be able to find stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only suggestion I can offer is 3G and H.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9253602#9253602

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So..

H.  Use local drives only. -- Outside of using Adobe Anywhere or Team Projects (both of which are paid services), keep everything on internal drives only.  Use networked and removable drives only for backup and archiving

This really isnt possible for us in a workgroup..  Multiple people working on the same project.     Is this really a unique thing to our work flow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple people working on the same project.

That is exactly what Adobe Anywhere and Team Projects are for.  You may need to implement one or the other to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option really isnt useful in our workflow.. Only 100gb per user.. Not enough to be useful for us.   thanks for the option though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randys,

I'm not aware of the specific relinking issues you might be experiencing in your post environment. Do you have any relationship with the support folks at Facilis? I would definitely set up a ticket with them straight away. They should be familiar with supported workflows and Premiere Pro.

There are a number of reasons why you might lose connection with media, but you should be able to reconnect items more easily. Please file a bug on that issue as soon as you can.

Not enough to be useful for us. thanks for the option though

I looked up your Adobe ID and I believe your enterprise licensing gives your company the option to get on board with Team Projects at no additional cost to you. Please contact your IT Department to get set up with that. If you are in charge of IT deployment, please contact your Adobe support representative. I can connect you with someone if you need help.

If you are creating videos in a shared environment, all attached to storage like a SAN such as yours, Team Projects is working well. You might want to opt for a test on non-mission critical project to see if Team Projects would work for you.

Again, please file a bug so that our product team can be more aware of your specific problem and I will keep my eye out for similar issues where we can get a repeatable case going.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randys,

We understand that you were experiencing issues with relinking to your media from the shared drive, but as we haven't heard back from you for quite some time now so I wanted to check the status of your issue.

Did you file a bug report for the same (as suggested by Kevin)?

You can also give a try to the Team Projects.

Adobe Team Projects | Collaborative workflow in Creative Cloud

Collaborate on shared video projects |

Working simultaneously in shared video projects

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a Mac to Windows path statement that can be entered somewhere in Premiere or After Effects.  For example a Mac created a project with media located @ /Volumes/mysandrive/myrootfolder/myprojectfolder/mymediafolder. That path won't exist in a Windows environment.It would look like this: G:\mysandrive\myrootfolder\myprojectfolder\mymediafolder.

All of the suggestions listed above may work if you have production machines connected to the internet. Volume of work, security of your content and un-aired content may make those suggestions non starters.

Furthermore, Adobe building in Mac Windows shared inter-operability ensures editors aren't spending time re-linking instead of editing. Things get more complicated if you are trying to use a dedicated Adobe Media Encoder system.

Thanks,

Robert Lopez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys.  I find hard to believe that Adobe hasn't really addressed this issue...  Tell me I am wrong.

I am having a very similar problem.  A project that was originally edited in a Mac, with all the assets in an external HD, is now handled to me to finish it in a PC, and it is impossible to relink quickly to the very same files...

Tell me I am missing something here..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can collect your materials from project manager and save it as a folder to transfer to windows platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, does not work either. Same problem here.

When reconnecting files Premiere should show the LAST known path. Instead it reverts to very FIRST path. In our case our clients HDD. This is a bug and has not been solved in the past 4 years.

You wonder how come Premiere still remembers the first path. That is the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines