Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking offline media fails - Premiere hangs up

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I switched to an M1 Macbook recently. With a certain Pr project which I created on PC half a year ago, Pr hangs up when trying to relink offline media. All other projects work so far. 

On PC the project it is still working. It does not make a difference whether I am starting with the old project, which has to be converted to the latest Pr version or if I use the converted version I converted on PC.

I have tried to delete the media cache to no avail. 

There is no error message or anything, Pr just hangs up.

Any hints?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new project, then from the MediaBrowser panel, navigating to the old project file, select and "import" the contents of the old project file to the new one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

thanks, I have not tried it but I found the problem: There are a couple of Ae compositions used in this project. As soon as I set them to "offline" relinking media was successful. 

For now I can live without these Ae compositions but would be good to find a workaround.

Cheers,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be becouse Ae 22 composition on PP 22 timeline.

check this : FAQ: Fix Hanging With After Effects 22.0 Compositions in Premiere Pro 22.0 or Media Encoder 22.0 

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Daniel,

There are a couple Pr/Ae DL issues going with the 2022 release ... the one I'd check first is the mult-frame rendering in Ae. For many, that's working fine on DL linked comps. For some, it's blowing them outta the water.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines