• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Remove one speaker from transcript

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a live audit recorded with a one of my team who is blind and uses a screen reader. I recorded each session with her screen reader as well. To there are 3 speakers: myself, my auditor and JAWS, the screen reader.

Premiere cannot cope with transcribing JAWS so I want to remove all of those lines.

I was able to do this by exporting it as a csv, doing a filter in Excel and deleting all lines attributed to that speaker. However, I cannot import it back in as a Transcript (I have read about this already), I thought maybe I could import it as a Caption instead. However importing that csv file does not work at all. So I thought maybe convert to a SRT and import that instead.

The only problem is that I am not sure how to convert the csv to a srt file that will work?

Has anyone come up this problem themselves, where they need to remove one of the speakers from the transcript and then reimport it? How did you manage to do it?

Many thanks!

Clive

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clive,

Do you have the JAWS on its own audio track? I assume not, but that would make this easy.

In the current version, you can only get captions via SRT in. You would create captions from the current transcript, and then modify that.

The public Beta has a way to import an edited transcript.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines