Removing clips that are on top of other clips

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was moving some clips over to make room for some others, when i accidently put a group of clips over another group of clips at the end of my movie. i didn't catch it right away. I continued working on other things. When I realized what I did  (a couple of days later), it was too late to simply hit "comman D."  Is there a way that I can remove these unwanted clips without deleting the original clips? They are right on top of one another. The only reson that I know that they are there is because my overlays and filters are coming through on my closing scenes. I didn't even know that I could drop a clip right on top of another - now I know, whoops.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one other thing, all the clips are on V1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have to rebuild the end sequence again.

Although you could check your Premiere Pro preferences to see if you have Autosaves activated.

Check Premiere Pro preferences  Edit > Preferences > Auto Saves > 'Automatically save projects'

If Auto Save was on, find the location of your Autosaves by checking > File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks >Project Auto Save. Here you can see where your Auto Saves are saved.

Look in this folder and see if you have an Autosave just prior to when you think you moved these clips. 

You can open these Autosave projects and have a look. If you find one that has the 'right' clips at the end, copy that section of clips from the Auto save project and paste it over into the master project.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines