• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing footage.

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to cut out and delete unused footage in my projects.  I video an event from a static position leaving the camera recording for the whole event. It's not always possible to just start or finish the recording at the very begging or end of the event, hence the camera is kept rolling. As a consequence, I have some footage that I want to permanently remove at the begging and end of the media and save disk space. I, ve seen lots of posts regarding removing unused media, etc which has been imported and not used in a project also I saw posts about deleting sub-clips and sequences but that has no effect on the main media footage which remains intact. Where as I wish to cut my media/footage down and delete.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that suggestion, but unfortunately after cutting the media Windows Explorer crashes when trying to access the files.  I have now looked into using the Project Management tool in Premier Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines