• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing LUT files from creative / technical menu

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've imported some new luts into my creative menu but I can't seem to remove the old ones. I'd rather just have a list of the ones I use vs a long list of options I don't. 

I'm working on a mac system and I went through the path to install the new luts but the ones I want to remove aren't in there. Is there anyway I can get rid of them?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the shipped LUTs, those are in the package/program folders. They'd rather you not mess there.

So I simply add prefixes to organize all my LUTs. A two-digit number, space for visual clarity, then a capital letter, space, then LUT name.

01 A low-sat neut

01 B norm sat neut

01 C hi-sat neut

02 A sat rolloff low-mids up

02 B sat rolloff mids up

You get the idea.

And ... as LUTS are known among colorists as "the dumbest math out there" ... and will clip without compunction ... I always follow the proper advice to apply LUTs after a 'trim node' ... so I never ever apply LUTs in the Basic tab unless it's in a second or later instance of Lumetri ... well, about ever.

I apply LUTs from the Creative tab, use the Basic tab to trim the tonal range into what the LUT needs to "see" to work correctly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Neil. I have one question, you say it´s not a good idea to mess with the LUTs folder to add LUTs (better on the Common folder, from what I understand), but you would recomend removing LUTs from the package/program folder? (I want to clean that drop down menu in my Premiere Pro). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know some people do, because 1) they never ever use those and 2) it makes for a MUCH cleaner/quicker working process.

So ... if you ain't ever gonna touch them, feel free.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in both these places:

Available only to the local user:

• /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative
  • /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical

Available to all users:

• /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative
  • /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical

Remember to restart the application after removing any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines