Removing "home button" Tab

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a way to remove the "Home / Import Export Edit" Tab from my premiere workspace. It seems to have been added to recent versions of PPCC. It's taking valuable workspace real estate. I don't believe it's currently possible but would love a way to customize the space back to how it used to be. If anyone knows a way I'm all ears.

Please POST only answers to the problem (NOT that you don't know how.) 

Other wise if it's no possible, can we bring awareness of this potentially needed change. Feels very forced on the user.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the left part of the Workspace bar. It's not a "tab". That workspace bar has been there as long as I've edited in Premiere ... since CS6. They just added that text/option set to the left end of the Workspace bar that wasn't there before.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been using since CS6, I've definitely had versions of premiere and Photoshop without these fixed  portion. I've been acutely aware of them coming from small screens where they really mattered to not have them. I noticed a few changes similar to this in CC recent versions. For example the way Photoshop opens and manages files it's fairly different and kind of annoying if you ask me.  I only recently began seeing them in my experience. I'm not sure the differences from windows to Mac. Idk if the screens coverage state matters. Either way I want a way for it to not be there. It's cluttering and a bit cumbersome.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got through the last version of 2014 version of Premiere still installed between this and my old machine, and all have the Workspace bar ...

You can Shift-` to get the program monitor mostly full screen, but still with the Workspace bar, or Ctrl/Cmd-` to get it completely full screen without the 'bar'.

And of course, hitting the tilde/grave key with the mouse hovering over any panel gets that panel "full screen" but again, with the bar.

That workpace bar area only had the workspace names in it before ... that's the big change there.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha with the older version👌🏽.

Just trying figure out a solution to get rid of it or move it away. If not raise the awareness to initiate a potential fix or options... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines