Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Removing white artefacts in collage

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I made a collage from a few different video files as below.

As you can see, the white turntable/shades are still visible and I want to make that the same color as the (greyish) background. The problem is that the objects in the video move which makes it a lot harder to do so. I can do this manually by using masks but that would take a lot of time. I tried using tracking masks but doesn't work out well. Would you know a way to remove these white artefacts (semi)automatically?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting problem. I would likely just key out the background completely and add the ground/shadow back in with a heavily feathered mask set to subtract.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. Everything I try with keying also affects the white parts of the subjects, I can't get that right unfortunately.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I suppose I had imagined doing a bit of masking on the objects. If you had a clean plate of the background you could try a difference key. Also, if you have after effects you can try auto rotoscope, but other than that I guess there isn't much to be done outside of some manual masking and blending etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried rotoscope in AE, though it turns out it has too much difficulty with telling the difference between the background and the white parts (same problem as with keying); I had to adjust every single frame. I decided to reshoot the footage in different lighting, that seems the fastest approach for now. Thanks for your suggestions!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines